/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Students.

As I said in my last post, this year was a very special one for me. I absolutely adored my students - each and every one of them. I loved getting to know them all, observing their interactions with one another and with me.

I am going to try to write a short piece (short, ha! I don't know the meaning of the word) on each of my students. A profile of each of them, if you will.

Realistically, I know that I will probably (hopefully!) feel the same way about my class next year. I will grow to admire them all for what they bring to the classroom. When I meet my new students, I'm afraid the memories of these old ones will fade away or meld together in my mind. I don't want that to happen. They all influenced me so much this year. I keep talking about how much I learned. When I said goodbye to my principal, I thanked her for such a great year and talked about all the things I had learned. I didn't even mention everything the kids had learned. That was a given, they're supposed to learn. But, they all taught me so much. They deserve to be remembered - frozen in time as their 7-year-old selves.

So, I will do what I can to appropriately represent them.

They were great.

They taught me how to be a teacher.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my 3rd year teaching, at a school different than my first school. My first class of students graduated and I can guarantee that there is not a day that goes by when I don't think about them and think about how much they taught me. Talk about a growing year for everyone!

Each of my classes at my new school (I've been here 2 years) has taught me something different and new and exciting, but nothing compares to that first class of students I had, because just as you said, they taught me how to be a teacher.

Congrats on making it through your first year!

- From a old Blog Reader, Mrs. Sigh Ants (This really is me, I just canceled my blog because I was feeling too busy and swamped to keep up.)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I toddler teacher during the year and this year cent my room is low for the summer.I am workig with the school ager and some the children in the summer camp was in my first class. Your first class is always special... it been joy work with the old children... I have known some the children cent they were 18 months and now they are 6, 7 and 8... It great to see how they have change. I love how we teach children and as we teach them they teach us ;)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

Mrs. Sigh Ants - it's good to hear from you! I was wondering what happened to your blog.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home