/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Where am I again?

Sometimes, I forget that I'm in Mexico, that I'm in a Spanish speaking country.  It's strange and I don't quite understand how it happens, but it does, a lot.  I'll be walking down the street, spacing out, singing a song in my head or replaying the days' events, and I'll hear someone talking in Spanish.  And then it'll hit me again.  Hey! I'm in a Spanish-speaking country right now.

This happens on a daily basis.  I'll be doing nothing, sitting in the library at my school, sitting in a coffee shop, waiting for the bus, whatever.  I know I'm in Mexico, I can see it, I can smell it, I can hear it all the time.  But then I'll notice someone talking, after not having heard anyone talk for a minute or so, and it'll be in Spanish, and I'll get surprised all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home