/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

"Seriously trying my tolerance"

As much as I complain about my classes and some of the ridiculousness related to them, when I am doing something that I think is making me become a better future teacher, I really like it.

Right now I am working on a case study about a little boy I worked with in a special education classroom.  I enjoyed this experience so much, and am finding that I actually am having a good time writing the paper.  Unfortunately, I am having such a fun time that I'm over the page length, and am showing no signs of slowing down.  According to the project description, if I go over a certain number of pages, I will be "seriously trying [my professor's] tolerance".  I would like to make the argument that she has been trying my tolerance the whole semester, but I don't think that would turn out real well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a ridiculous thing for a teacher to say! I understand not wanting to grade really long papers, but really! When I was in grad school, I had to write a number of case studies on special education students. The philosophy of page length was to write as much as needed to be written. If you could get you point across in 5 pages....great. If the data you collected or a significant health history required 20 pages...so be it. Just make sure that what you write is pertinant. I always like that philosophy.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sangambayard-c-m.com

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home