/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ready, Set, Less0n Plan!

Coffee - check
Computer - check
Previous drafts of less0n plans (full of Professor's marks) - check
Pile of children's books - check
Floor-mate's leftover Easter Eggs filled with candy? - check
Latin pop music - oh yeah (I, for some reason, plan best when listening to Spanish-language pop music.  Es el mejor!)

I am ready for a full night of less0n planning.  A final draft is due into my professor tomorrow, and I haven't looked at the rough drafts in weeks.  Not great planning on my part, but avoidance is considered a legitimate coping strategy (not a good coping strategy, but it is recognized by the psych0logists as being a way that many people attempt to cope with their problems).

Ready, set, less0n plan!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Sigh Ants said...

good luck with the lesson planning!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. How do people DO this every day for 7 hours worth of instruction? How am I going to do this every day for 7 hours worth of instruction.

(Thanks ms. sign ants. It's coming along rather...slowly.)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ms. Sigh Ants said...

Lesson planning is a task that we are asked to complete to get us thinking about the complex nature of a lesson in the classroom. I only know one teacher who after 15+ years of teaching actually types out full, complete lesson plans every single day. (It drove my student teaching colleague (Mr. Bio) absolutely batty because he's not that kind of person) As a teacher, in my personal opinion, you have far more important things to do than make sure that every single thing you do is typed out in a neat concise lesson plan. By the end of student teaching, due to lack of time, my 'lesson plans' included: the objectives I wished to cover; materials and activities, in order of how they were to be completed.

Another thing that one of my colleagues recently brought to my attention. Just like we ask our students to do things that aren't easy, our professors do the same thing. Its like eating vegetables for a 5 year old, they don't necessarily like them, but they are good for them.

Good luck! Hang in there! Enjoy the Easter chocolate! :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If avoidance is a coping strategy then I am right on track with coping with this quarters work. I hope the lesson plans all work out.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home