/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Harry Potter and research. (The two are not related.)

Is reading Harry Potter a requirement to receiving my elementary educati0n certificati0n?  I have never read it and don't really want to.  But I feel like I'll be an irresponsible educator if I don't.


Completely unrelated, my research finally got approved by the research board.  After several phone calls and emails to the board from my professor, I received a response saying that my email, (because everything is done through email these days) had gotten buried (aka misplaced) in the inbox, and that is why it took over a month to receive a response, when the usual time in about a week.

I printed out, signed, collated, and stapled 50 permission forms for the pre-schoolers' parents and put them in the pre-schoolers' cubbies this morning.  I have already received a few permission forms back.  I am kind of amazed that I'm getting theses forms back.  I was worried that no one would allow their child to participate.  (Not that there is any type of risk or harm at all in the study.  I will basically be interviewing the pre-schoolers, and asking them to "write" a few things for me.)  Unfortunately, because the approval took so long, I will have to be doing this project simultaneously with my elementary sch0ol observations and teaching.  Time-wise, I'm not sure how this all will work out.  But it will work out, because it has to. 

Despite the time issues, I am really excited to finally be able to do this research, which I began planning nearly two months ago.

5 Comments:

Blogger EHT said...

It's nice to have you back. I've missed reading your posts.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope watching the movies will suffice on the Harry Potter front. Good luck on the research, observation, and teaching.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

elementaryhistoryteacher - Thanks!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Harry Potter a great name to every one. I like most to read Harry Potter and movie also enjoyable. Thanks J.K Rowling.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sangambayard-c-m.com

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home