/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Now I wait by my phone.

I forgot how bad I am at interviews.

(Especially when I am too nervous to sleep the night before, so despite going to bed with the possibility to have 8.5 hours of sleep, I ended up only sleeping for about 2.5 hours. Not a great way to start it all off.)

I look really good on paper.

I look pretty good in action.

But in interviews? I kind of suck.

Now I have to wait a week to see if I suck more or less than the other candidates.

(And, I know you're supposed to have questions prepared to ask. So I prepared six questions. And the principal answered every single one before I could ask them. She's too comprehensive. I had to kind of re-ask things she'd already told me, but with a slightly different focus so that I didn't look questionless.)

2 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

At almost every interview I've gone to, when they come to the part where they ask, "Do you have any questions for us?" I almost always say, "No, I can't think of any." And that's that. I'm not going to sit there and grill the grillers. Despite conventional wisdom, I don't think my not asking questions has hurt my chances of getting hired.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

CTG - That's good to hear. If I were to get a job, I would have plenty of questions about exactly where I should be, when, how things are done, specifics of the school, etc. But, in just an interview, I've read all about the school on the website and downloaded and read the Handbook. After the person interviewing me had talked briefly about the school and the position, she'd answered my questions (which had been about the school and the position).

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home