/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Monday, July 28, 2008

Back-to-school savings vs. gas consumption

I've been to Staples three times today and once yesterday, buying their "great deals" but needing many more than the maximum purchase limit. Unfortunately, my distance from Staples, and the fact that I live in a new-to-me area in which I get very turned around very easily means that in all likelihood, I have spent my savings in gas getting to and from Staples, and getting lost along the way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have anything that shows you are a teacher (paystub, teacher's union card, school/district ID) and show it to them, they will let you get 25 of anything at the special price - they make a big deal of it and have to do a manager's override - but it might be easier than going back to get the 10 item limit.

Also, while you're at it, sign up for their Teacher Rewards program! They send you coupons and invite you to teacher appreciation days, full of cookies and schwag!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

Really?! Thanks for the heads up! I do have a teacher rewards card, and have been using it, but no one ever mentioned that teachers can buy more! Does this even count on the 1cent deals? Wow, I could have saved some driving and time today... (And now maybe I can buy a classroom set of those one cent pencil holders - going two-at-a-time would have been too much work. But if I can buy 25 at a time, I can give them to students on their birthdays...)

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right..! I too shopped at Staples with a proper school supplies list and saved much money.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

Leesepea - I asked at Staples about teachers being able to buy more than the maximum, and the guy insisted that they don't do that, at least not anymore. Maybe you have an extra-kind Staples staff.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home