/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where do I live?

Today was my "orientation" which means that I went into the district office with about 20 other people to fill out paperwork.

As would be expected, I needed to put my address on a lot of the paperwork. Unfortunately, I am having a really hard time remembering my new address. I've only lived here a week, and yes, this is something I should learn, but it's just so hard!

So the first time I needed to write my address, I wrote what I thought was my address, and then proceeded to copy that address onto the oh, 20 other papers asking for my address.

When I got home, I looked at my address. I had been wrong. In my 4-number street address, I had changed the order of three of the numbers, and added a completely incorrect number to the mix. I called the district administration building and admitted this to someone, who transfered me. I admitted this to the second person, who transfered me. I admitted this to the third person, who finally was the right person, and was able to assure me that my paperwork would get fixed, while only mocking me a little bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

heh heh.

And also: Tag! You have been Awarded the Internet! Or something similar. Come see --- it's over at my place.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Belle said...

I do this too. It doesn't help that I tend to live in places with thoroughly forgettable addresses.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Nacho Lover said...

heh. no worries! i'm sure anyone who does a big move does this!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home