/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grr. Arg.

I just got a wonderful letter from the State Board of Education. I expected it to contain my teaching license, finally.

But no, no it did not.

It contained a note and a blank fingerprint card. Apparently the FBI didn't like the fingerprints I sent them THREE MONTHS AGO and are requesting a new set.

This means I'm not going to get my teaching license until three months from now! And my temporary license is going to expire soon enough. And I can't apply for licenses for other states until I get the license from College State.

Which means I'm NEVER going to be able to get a job. (Which I know isn't technically true, but it's a whole lot easier to get a job when you HAVE A LICENSE. And have at least applied for the license for whatever state you are hoping to work in.)

And I can't figure out how to find a person to talk to at the State Board of Education to make sure I'm sending the new fingerprint card appropriately, and to beg for an expedited sending of the fingerprint card.

It's not fair!!!


I'm going to go sit in the corner and throw a temper tantrum now.

2 Comments:

Blogger la rebelde said...

that beurocratic stuff is so awful. i'm sorry you have to deal with it. if it's not too far away, what if you went to the office to try to deal with it in person?

2:33 AM  
Blogger Not Quite Grown Up... said...

I'm in a different state now than the one I'm (theoretically one day) getting a license to teach in. So I can't really just stop in unless I take a day or two off work (and sadly, I'm not really sure how to go about doing that). And anyway, I think once I send the State Board of Ed my new (hopefully pristine) fingerprints, they send it off to the FBI for a background check, and I don't know how that works, but I'm pretty sure the FBI will do whatever the FBI wants to do (and they'll do it nice and slowly).

And, if I could take 2 days off of work and drive to College State and magically return with a license, or hope for a license in the few following weeks, I would most definitely do so. But alas, as you say, bureaucracy just doesn't work that way.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home