/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Teacher Clothes Redux

For the 90% of people who come here searching for teacher clothes (and really, I don't understand why google thinks you all want to come here when you type in the search term "teacher clothes") I have three words for you, Ann Taylor Loft. Teachers get a discount, and they have the only stylish petites section I've ever seen. And if you wait until they have a sale on already reduced items, and you use your teacher discount on top of that, you can actually afford the clothing. Suffice it to say, about 75% (and growing) of my teaching wardrobe comes from The Loft, 15% comes from Limited, and the remaining 10 percent...well...actually, after my last Loft shopping spree, the remaining 10% probably come from Ann Taylor Loft, too. (I go through a fairly limited rotation of clothing, so I don't have an extreme abundance of Ann Taylor Loft clothing, but that which I do own, I wear very often.)

And that's the last I'll say about that. Happy dressing.

6 Comments:

Blogger la rebelde said...

i dig ann's loft too! i've also found good sales for cute petite stuff at the department stores like macy's--like dkny, ince (or whatever its called), or ck. ck has great petite suits that make me actually wish i was on the job market now just so i'd have an excuse to buy the suit!

12:55 AM  
Blogger Ms M. said...

This is funny because I get tons of google hits for 'teacher clothes' as well, but when I google it myself, I can't find my blog! So strange...

And, so true about Anne Taylor!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my first year teaching. I like to buy teacher clothes from Ann Taylor Loft, Limited, Express, and Macy's. And actually, you can get great trio deals-clothes that work for teaching, everyday, AND nights out with friends (conservatively).

8:44 PM  
Blogger Sakura Rose said...

Hi ladies!

I love Ann Taylor Loft, too! I have found that most of my favorites from there wear for a looong time, so I can rotate them in for a few years in a row.

Another that I like to wear for teaching is a perfect-coverage Wonder Camisole. They come plain or with a cute lace accent and are cut a little higher in front and longer at the bottom to keep me covered whether I'm bending over to help a student or reaching up at the board. They've been such a great addition to my everyday wardrobe that I started stocking them in my web boutique. If you'd like to try one, enter code TEACHER at checkout for free shipping.

Best!
Jessica Rogers
6th grade teacher & owner of Sakura Rose Boutique
www.sakurarose.com

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out that J Jill, The Limited and New York and Company offer teacher discounts too. Check it out at www.totallyteacher.com.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.Crew gives a discount for students and teachers, just show your school ID!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home