/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A little bit of optimistic pessimism.

I just found a school that I have absolutely fallen in love with. Which is bad, because they'll only hire Highly Qualified X State teachers, and I don't even have my license from Y State yet, so... I can't apply for an X State license. But oh wow. It feels good to at least be excited about a teaching possibility, however improbably the reality of getting the job actually is.

I've been feeling kind of "meh" about teaching, as in I cannot imagine teaching full time for a year, or two, or 10. But this school, it has an extra something going for it, which I could see being able to hold my interest for a while.

Again, I'm not going to get the job, and that's okay. (Though, applying will be a first step in getting rejected.) But, it's just good to realize that I can still get excited about teaching and that I can imagine myself sticking this whole teaching thing out for at least a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home