/* open id delegation ---------------------------------------------- */

Monday, August 11, 2008

Advice.

I'll write about the book tomorrow or Wednesday. I have to admit that the second half of the book wasn't as bad as the first, and actually had some things in it I may find useful (or at least not hurtful).

In the meantime, I will give this advise: Never, EVER find your roommates off the internet. Mine just made me cry. And I don't cry.

However, my classroom is turning into a classroom and at one point today, when I was moving bookshelves and piles of materials, I had the realization that I am a teacher. After all these years and the doubt of whether or not I actually wanted to be a teacher, now I am one. It's going to be really neat.

3 Comments:

Blogger miss bioteacher said...

:o( yeah I've done that before. I think it's pretty much a miracle to find good roommates, I've had some pretty terrible ones.

Surprisingly, the one bad one I found off of craigslist (was a slob) wasn't as awful as the bad one I already knew (had to file police reports against). Oh, roommates. I hope things get better!

I'm still waiting for that realization, I'm hoping it comes before I actually start. Right now I just feel like a kid (I just graduated college in May) dressed in grown-up clothes playing school.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The realization that you are a teacher will hit you even harder once those kiddos fill the seats! I'm sure you'll do great!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From reading your blogs, you seem like a thoughtful, insightful person . . . . those are wonderful character traits for a teacher you know . . .
I liked your idea of putting up your "silent cheerleaders" in your room. The influential people you mention will be good grounders for the year . . . when you feel like your floundering. By the way, I'll always remember my first grade teacher as a real angel. You'll be one of the teachers the children will remember for life, I'm sure of it! All my best to you in your new school year. :)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home